The Recycling Center is open Saturday & Sunday
8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Contractors and/or Professional Landscapers may not use the center.
Please note that if that our center is open for residents only. If you do not have a township permit displayed on your vehicle you will be asked for proof of residency. Once a permit is obtained please be sure the permit is visible on your vehicle.
Please be aware that even though an item may have the recycling symbol imprinted on it, the item may not be able to be recycled. Please refer to our Sanitation & Recycling page for more detailed information on acceptable commingle items.
- Batteries-Automotive & button, NiCad, etc. Household batteries can be placed inregulartrash
- Brush - 6" in diameter max. only
- Clothing: Bins are available for clothing or you can call the Social Services Office at (973) 448-2026 to make a donation.
- Comingle: aluminum cans, glass bottles & jars, plastic food & beverage containers #1,2,5 milk, juice, soda, broth, etc. detergent and some cleaning supplies containers, steel/tin cans.
- Corrugated cardboard - FLATTENED *Styrofoam must be removed from all boxes. Styrofoam can be placed in regular trash.
- Cell phones -for more information and drop off locations, please visit www.mcmua.com
- Fire Extinguishers -only if discharged
- Fluorescent light bulbs: Please transport carefully. Broken bulbs will not be accepted.
- Junk mail
- Metal items -example toasters, microwaves, etc.
- Motor oil: Please place waste oil in a plastic bottle. Do not utilize bleach containers for this purpose.
- Shredded paper - must be in a tied clear or translucent plastic bag
- Tires: A tag must be purchased at the Municipal Building before tires are brought to the recycling center. $2.00 per tire, $6.00 per tire with rim, $8.00 per truck tire (16" and over)
- Vegetative waste-consisting of grass & leaves only @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
MUA (Morris County Municipal Utilities Authority)
The Morris County Household Hazardous Water Disposal Program provides Morris County residents with an environmentally safe way of recycling or disposing of hazardous materials found in and around the home. The Morris County Municipal Utilities Authority offers a facility in Mt. Olive (168 Gold Mine Rd., Mt. Olive 07876) for disposal of your household hazardous waste.The facility is open on selected Friday & Saturday mornings. Proof or residency is required & an appointment is necessary to drop off waste. There is no charge for Morris County residents.
For additional information or to set-up an appointment, please call (973) 829-8006
MUA WILL accept- Pesticides & herbicides, oil based paints and stains, paint thinners and solvents, transmission, steering and brake fluids, gasoline, pool and darkroom chemicals, small quantities of asbestos, driveway sealant, roofing tar, and mercury containing devices, light bulbs
MUA will NOT accept- Latex paint, empty hazardous waste containers, unknown materials and business waste. Unknown material, explosives or highly reactive materials may be dangerous to transport. if you have these types of materials call first before transporting these materials.
- Air conditioners
- Construction Debris
- Cooking oil
- Flower pots and trays
- Household chemicals (solvents, aerosols)
- Logs (over 6" in diameter)
- Ornamental grass
- Paint cans (use paint chips or kitty litter to pour into the paint so the paint is dry, place the can in regular trash without the lid)
- Pizza boxes (only parts of the box with NO grease or food stuck to them. If the lid is grease free, tear it off & recycle, while trashing the greasy bottom)
- Plastic shopping bags. You may recycle the bags at Lowes, Shop Rite, Target & Walmart
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks
- Large rigid plastics such as plastic chairs, plastic furniture, plastic containers
- Styroform @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Remember-just because something isn’t accepted curbside or at the recycling center (i.e.stereos, VCR’s), it doesn’t mean there aren’t other places to recycle it. Please go to www.roxburynj.us/sanitation-recycling for suggestions on how to keep the material out of the landfill.
Keep plastic shopping bags out of the waste stream (bread bags, cleaning bags, dry cleaning bags, etc) are collected at Shop Rite, Walmart, Target and Lowe’s and recycled.
Tomco Products (973) 361-1589 will accept clean wood, concrete, brick, block, stone, rocks, and clean pallets.
Green Vision, Randolph (973) 998-7955 will take many unusual items such as DVD’s, VCR tapes, (non-acceptable E-Waste).
North East Products (973-584-5595 will take brush/tree parts, leaves, stumps, wood scraps (clean non-treated wood).
Please retire old/torn American Flags, do not throw them away. VFW, Kenvil (973) 927-6647 will collect them.