Horseshoe Lake Beach
2018 Membership Info
Enjoy your summer days with friends and neighbors right in Roxbury, at scenic Horseshoe Lake Beach! Relax with your family on the sand beach while enjoying the beautiful view of the island and gazebo, surrounded by tall pine trees. Check out this great link of a sky view of Horseshoe Lake! HSL Skyview
Horseshoe Lake Beach offers:
Snack stand with lunch options, canoeing (Offered through Ramsey's), lifeguards, sprinkler park surrounded by Adirondack chairs, fishing badge option, swim lessons available in-season... Water testing performed on a weekly basis. Other park amenities include walking/bike path, volleyball courts & basketball courts, picnic areas, Imagination Station playground... Fun for the whole family!
2018 Beach Membership registration is currently open at Roxbury Recreation, Monday through Friday, 8am-4:30pm. Special Saturday hours are available on .
Beach Dates & Hours
May 26 - June 24, 2018: Beach open weekends only, 1pm-5pm, weather permitting.
June 25 - September 3, 2018: Beach open every day, 11am-6pm, weather permitting.
BBQ Beach Blast is planned for Friday, June 15th, with a raindate of Saturday, June 29th. Beach will close at 5pm for event setup.
2018 Seasonal Beach Membership Fees:
Resident Family - $90 Non-Resident Family - $180 Resident Adult - $35 Non-Resident Adult - $70
Resident Child - $25 (ages 3-17) Non-Resident Child - $50 (ages 3-17)
Resident Senior, age 60+ - $0 Non-Resident Senior, age 60+ - $70
Beach Rules and Regulations
- Horseshoe Lake will be open on weekends starting Memorial Day from 1pm to 5pm. Beach opens daily on Wednesday, June 25th through September 3rd from 11am to 6pm, weather permitting. Please note: Air temperature must be over 70 degrees.
- Swimming is permitted only when beach is staffed with lifeguards.
- Every resident must present a valid ID beach badge to enter the beach. Badges are non-transferable.
- Township residents who do not have a badge will be admitted under the daily resident rate of $5.00 per person for ages 3 years & up with proper identification (Drivers License).
- A resident with a current badge must accompany all non-residents and guests.
- Guest booklet receipts are to be displayed upon request.
- Proper bathing attire required; no cut-offs, thongs, shorts, or sweats allowed.
- It is required that children under the age of 12 be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under the age of 5 will not be permitted in the water without an adult.
- Admission to the BEACH AREA is allowed only through the main gate.
- If the beach is closed the front gate will have a sign posted “BEACH CLOSED".
- No glass containers are allowed on the beach.
- Plastic shovels only; no metal shovels.
- No ball playing is permitted within the beach area.
- Chairs and beach blankets are to be placed behind the life guard chairs.
- The beach is a smoke-free area.
- No metal detectors allowed.
- No boating except by canoe permit.
- Ball playing in the water is allowed only during slow times, at the discretion of the lifeguards.
- No inflatable devices of any kind are permitted or any other floating devices.
- Swimming is permitted in the roped-in area only.
- The swim team dock is for swim team only.
- Infants must wear rubber pants or bathing suits.
- No dogs are allowed in the water.
- NOTE: The water is deep beyond the rope area.
- No pushing or horseplay on any equipment.
- Horseplay or abusive language will not be tolerated.
- No fishing is allowed in the swim area.
- Lifeguards’ orders must be obeyed! Infractions of the above will result in the loss of beach privileges and revocation of badge without refund.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed at any time.
- No unauthorized vehicles will be allowed on the beach.