Horseshoe Lake Beach
2020 Membership Info
Enjoy your summer days with friends and neighbors right in Roxbury, at scenic Horseshoe Lake Beach! Relax with your family on the sand beach while enjoying the beautiful view of the island and gazebo, surrounded by tall pine trees. Check out this great link of a sky view of Horseshoe Lake! HSL Skyview
Horseshoe Lake Beach offers:
Snack stand with lunch options, canoeing, lifeguards, sprinkler park surrounded by Adirondack chairs, fishing badge option, swim lessons available in-season... Water testing performed on a weekly basis. Other park amenities include walking/bike path, volleyball courts & basketball courts, picnic areas, Imagination Station playground... Fun for the whole family!
RegistrationBeach Flyer 2020
2020 Beach Membership registration is currently open at Roxbury Recreation, Monday through Friday, 8 am-4:30 pm. Special Saturday hours are available on May 2, May 16, June 13 and June 20 from 10 am to 12 pm.
Beach Dates & Hours
May 23 - June 21, 2020: Beach open weekends only, 1 pm-5 pm, weather permitting.
June 27 - September 7, 2018: Beach open every day, 11 am-6 pm, weather permitting.
BBQ Beach Blast is planned for Friday, June 12th, with a raindate of Friday, June 26th. Beach will close at 5 pm for event setup.
2020 Seasonal Beach Membership Fees:
Resident Family - $95 Non-Resident Family - $185 Resident Adult - $40 Non-Resident Adult - $75
Resident Child - $30 (ages 3-17) Non-Resident Child - $55 (ages 3-17)
Resident Senior, age 60+ - $0
Beach Rules and Regulations
- Horseshoe Lake will be open on weekends starting Memorial Day from 1 pm to 5 pm. Beach opens daily on, June 27th through September 7th from 11 am to 6 pm, weather permitting. Please note: Air temperature must be over 70 degrees.
- Swimming is permitted only when beach is staffed with lifeguards.
- Every resident must present a valid ID beach badge to enter the beach. Badges are non-transferable.
- Township residents who do not have a badge will be admitted under the daily resident rate of $5.00 per person for ages 3 years & up with proper identification (Drivers License).
- A resident with a current badge must accompany all non-residents and guests.
- Guest booklet receipts are to be displayed upon request.
- Proper bathing attire required; no cut-offs, thongs, shorts, or sweats allowed.
- It is required that children under the age of 12 be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under the age of 5 will not be permitted in the water without an adult.
- Admission to the BEACH AREA is allowed only through the main gate.
- If the beach is closed the front gate will have a sign posted “BEACH CLOSED".
- No glass containers are allowed on the beach.
- Plastic shovels only; no metal shovels.
- No ball playing is permitted within the beach area.
- Chairs and beach blankets are to be placed behind the life guard chairs.
- The beach is a smoke-free area.
- No metal detectors allowed.
- No boating except by canoe permit.
- Ball playing in the water is allowed only during slow times, at the discretion of the lifeguards.
- No inflatable devices of any kind are permitted or any other floating devices.
- Swimming is permitted in the roped-in area only.
- The swim team dock is for swim team only.
- Infants must wear rubber pants or bathing suits.
- No dogs are allowed in the water.
- NOTE: The water is deep beyond the rope area.
- No pushing or horseplay on any equipment.
- Horseplay or abusive language will not be tolerated.
- No fishing is allowed in the swim area.
- Lifeguards’ orders must be obeyed! Infractions of the above will result in the loss of beach privileges and revocation of badge without refund.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed at any time.
- No unauthorized vehicles will be allowed on the beach.