During the COVID-19 pandemic, municipal courts have cancelled their in person court sessions. With the use of technology, certain cases may be able to be heard and adjudicated remotely. It is advised that you contact the court to set up a video court proceeding and provide your telephone and email address.
We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States and this State.
Roxbury Township Municipal Court is in session on Thursdays at 10:00 am. The public is invited to attend
If you need the service of an interpreter, please notify the Municipal Court Administrator prior to your court appearance.
Please advise the Municipal Court Office in advance if you require an ADA Accommodation.
Should you wish to file a citizen's complaint, please contact the Municipal Court for more information.
Have the following information available:
- Your parking or traffic ticket number;
- Your license plate number;
- VISA or MasterCard or any card that contains the VISA or MasterCard logo may be used on this site;
- Court I.D. - 1436
- If you make a payment in person, fines may be paid by cash, money order, or personal check.
- Payment by mail may be made by money order or check. Please do not send cash through the mail. In the memo section of your check or money order please include your complete ticket number.
- Summons issued in a 65 mile per hour zone, construction zone, over 20 miles an hour on any roadway, the fines may be doubled. Look below in links under New Jersey State Statutes for the exact amount.
- If you wish to plead guilty by mail, please contact the court for information.
- If payment is made by mail, DO NOT send cash, send check or money order payable to Roxbury Municipal Court, 1715 Route 46 W, Ledgewood, NJ 07852.
- If payment is received by the Violations Bureau after the appearance date, you may be assessed additional penalties.
- A receipt will be sent to you if your payment is accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Pleading Not Guilty by Phone
You may call the court to plead not guilty by phone. Please have your summons number available.
Applications (5A Form) for the Public Defender are available at the Violation Bureau. If the potential penalty of a charge represents serious consequence (i.e., jail time, loss of license), and you want to be represented by an attorney, but feel you cannot afford one, you may request representation by a public defender. Complete the application with all your information and give to the Court Administrator before you go before the Judge. The Judge will review you request. If the Judge approves the Public Defender to represent you, there is a fee of not more than $200.00.
If you are charged with a disorderly persons offense, petty disorderly persons offense, or a municipal ordinance violation and those charges are either dismissed, you are acquitted or your case is discharged without a conviction or finding of guilt you may be eligible for an expedited expungement pursuant to N.J.S.A 2C:52-6. For more information and to determine if you are eligible, you may inquire with the Municipal Court at the time of disposition.
For all other expungement information please review the NJ Courts Expungement Packet
Mediation is a confidential, structured, non-adversarial process that allows a neutral third party to assist disputing parties in reaching a mutually acceptable solution. The mediation process can be a less expense, informal, and more meaningful alternative than the traditional trial process. This is because of the efforts of trained volunteers and the resolution being decided by the participants. The court will refer appropriate cases to mediation.
Honorable Ira A. Cohen
Shannon Geddis, CMCA
Ph: (973) 448-2033
Patricia M. Baker
Deputy Court Administrator
Ph: (973) 448-2112
Deputy Court Administrator
Ph: (973) 448-2035
Ph: (973) 448-2034
Douglas Cabana, Esq.
Douglas Sclar, Esq.
Municipal Public Defender
1715 Route 46 West
Ledgewood, NJ 07852
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:00 pmCore Values
- Quality Service