Sanitation & Recycling
Blue Diamond Disposal is the trash collector for Roxbury Township. They collect trash, recycling, grass, brush and leaf material for the Township. All items must be at the curb by 6:00 am to ensure prompt service. Don't know which day your street is schedule for pick up? No problem. Click http://www.roxburynj.us/DocumentCenter/View/1699 to find your street name, route number, and day. Once you find your route, refer to the town calendar to see which item is scheduled for pick up.
- Limit of five containers/bags per collection
- Trash containers are limited to 32 gallon in size, 50 pounds or less
- All grass, brush and leaves will be collected weekly, on your regular trash day, in either paper bags, containers (labeled as vegetative waste) or tied in bundles beginning the week of April 4, 2016 and ending Friday December 16, 2016.
- Free Bulky Service - One bulky item will be taken in lieu of two cans of trash. Bulky items include items such as furniture and other non-metal household items. This does not include any type of construction debris. Construction debris can be disposed of through a private hauler or through the Morris County Transfer Station who can be reached at 973-347-8108.
- Metal pick ups are made by appointment by called (973) 448-2053.
All inquiries regarding curbside or hopper service should be directed to Blue Diamond at (973) 598-9800
- January 1, 2016 New Year's Day - No Collection. Regular trash collection schedule to resume on Monday, January 4
- May 30, 2016 Memorial Day - No Collection. Routes 1 & 2 Trash Only will be picked up on May 31
- July 4, 2016 Independence Day - No Collection. Routes 1 & 2 Trash Only will be picked up on July 5
- September 5, 2016 Labor Day - No Collection. Routes 1 & 2 Trash Only will be picked up on September 6
- November 24, 2016 Thanksgiving - No Collection. Routes 4 & 5 Trash Only will be picked up on November 25
- December 26, 2016 Christmas Day - No Collection. Routes 1 & 2 Trash Only will be picked up on December 27
Items to Be Recycled Curbside
Paper products consisting of the following may be placed in brown paper bags, clearly marked containers or tied in bundles:
Commingled ContainersCommingled containers consist of the following and are to be placed curbside in a container that is clearly marked. Containers placed in paper / plastic bags will not be collected curbside.
- Aluminum and metal cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Cartons (i.e milk, soup stock boxes, ice cream containers & juice boxes (not pouches)
- Plastics #1,2,4,5 & 7 plastic food and beverage containers & small rigid plastics (that can fit in a garbage can)
If you have any questions, please call the Recycling Office at 973-448-2053.
The following items are not recycled and should be disposed of in your regular trash:
Motor oil containers, light bulbs, plate glass, windows, mirrors or ceramics (plates, cups, etc), plastic tubs, tubes, etc.
Commingled and Paper Collection Dates
|Commingled Containers||Paper Products|
|Week of||Week of|
|January 11, 25||January 4, 18|
|February 8, 22,29||February 1, 15|
|March 7,21||March 14, 28|
|April 4, 18||April 11, 25|
|May 2, 16||May 9, 23|
|June 13, 27||June 6, 20|
|July 11, 25||July 4, 18|
|August 8, 22||August 1, 15, 29|
|September 5, 19||September 12, 26|
|October 3, 17, 31||October 10, 24|
|November 14, 28||November 7, 21|
|December 12, 26||December 5, 19|
Recyclables are collected on the same day as your trash. Please note that certain holidays may affect the collection of your recyclables. If you have a question regarding a holiday collection see the schedule above or call Blue Diamond at (973) 598-9800.
Brush, Grass & Leaf CollectionGrass and leaves are collected curbside only in brown Kraft paper bags or clearly marked containers. A limit of 50 bags of leaves will be collected weekly during regularly scheduled collection times. Compost material in plastic bags will not be collected.
Brush / branches can be tied in bundles or placed in brown paper bags or clearly marked containers. Containers must be less than 32 gallons and weigh less than 50 pounds. Collection takes place every week for all materials, on the same day as your trash / recycling collection. Grass, brush and leaves can be mixed together.
Metal Item CollectionMetal items and metal appliances will be collected curbside by appointment. Please call (973) 448-2069 for an appointment.
Please note: In order to arrange for an item to be picked up that contains Freon Any item containing a refrigerant must have proof of Freon removal order to arrange for pick up.
Freon must be removed from items, such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, etc. before collection will occur. All items must have a sticker provided by an authorized company in order to be collected curbside or placed in the metal dumpster at the recycling center.
If you have any questions regarding trash collection or recycling, please contact the DPW department at (973) 448-2053 or (973) 448-2069