Sanitation & Recycling - Please reminder that all trash & recycling items must be curbside by 6:00 a.m. for pick up
Collection InformationBlue Diamond Disposal is the trash collector for Roxbury Township. They collect trash, recycling, grass, brush and leaf material for the Township. All items must be at the curb by 6:00 am to ensure prompt service then removed from the curb by 5:00 p.m on the same day of service. Don't know which day your street is schedule for pick up? No problem. Click here to find out your Route number and trash day. Once you find your route, refer to the town calendar to see which item is scheduled for pick up.
- Limit of five containers/bags per collection
- Trash containers are limited to 32 gallon in size, 50 pounds or less
- All grass, brush and leaves will be collected weekly, on your regular trash day, in either paper bags, containers (labeled as vegetative waste) or tied in bundles beginning the week of March 25, 2019 and ending Friday December 20, 2019.
- Free Bulky Service - One bulky item will be taken in lieu of two cans of trash. Bulky items include items such as furniture and other non-metal household items. This does not include any type of construction debris. Construction debris can be disposed of through a private hauler or through the Morris County Transfer Station who can be reached at 973-347-8108.
- Metal pick ups are made by appointment by calling (973) 448-2053.
All inquiries regarding curbside or hopper service should be directed to Blue Diamond at (973) 598-9800
- January 1, 2019 New Year's Day - No Collection. Routes 2 & 3 Trash Only will be picked up on January 2
- May 27, 2019 Memorial Day - No Collection. Routes 1 & 2 Trash Only will be picked up on May 28
- July 4, 2019 Independence Day - No Collection. Routes 4 & 5 Trash Only will be picked up on July 5
- September 2, 2019 Labor Day - No Collection. Routes 1 & 2 Trash Only will be picked up on September 3
- November 28, 2019 Thanksgiving - No Collection. Routes 4 & 5 Trash Only will be picked up on November 29
- December 25, 2019 Christmas Day - No Collection. Routes 3 & 4 Trash Only will be picked up on December 26
Items to Be Recycled Curbside
Paper products consisting of the following may be placed in brown paper bags, clearly marked containers or tied in bundles:
Commingled ContainersCommingled containers consist of the following and are to be placed curbside in a container that is clearly marked. Containers placed in paper / plastic bags will not be collected curbside.
- Aluminum and metal cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Cartons (i.e milk, soup stock boxes, ice cream containers & juice boxes (not pouches)
- Plastics #1,2,4,5 & 7 plastic food and beverage containers & small rigid plastics (that can fit in a garbage can)
If you have any questions, please call the Recycling Office at 973-448-2053.
The following items are not recycled and should be disposed of in your regular trash:
Motor oil containers, incandescent light bulbs, plate glass, windows, mirrors or ceramics (plates, cups, etc), plastic tubs, tubes, etc.
Commingled and Paper Collection Dates
|Commingled Containers||Paper Products|
|Week of||Week of|
|January 7,21||January 14,28|
|February 4,18||February 11,25|
|March 4,18||March 11,25|
|April 1,15,29||April 8,22|
|May 13||May 6,20|
|June 10,24||June 3,17|
|July 8,22||July 1,15,29|
|August 5,19||August 12,26|
|September 2,16,30||September 9,23|
|October 14,28||October 7,21|
|November 11,25||November 4,18|
|December 9,23||December 2,16,30|
Recyclables are collected on the same day as your trash. Please note that certain holidays may affect the collection of your recyclables. If you have a question regarding a holiday collection see the schedule above or call Blue Diamond at (973) 598-9800.
CHRISTMAS TREE COLLECTION - Weeks of December 31, January 7,14, and 21
Brush, Grass & Leaf CollectionGrass and leaves are collected curbside only in brown Kraft paper bags or clearly marked containers. A limit of 50 bags of leaves will be collected weekly during regularly scheduled collection times. Compost material in plastic bags will not be collected.
Brush / branches can be tied in bundles or placed in brown paper bags or clearly marked containers. Containers must be less than 32 gallons and weigh less than 50 pounds. The collection takes place every week for all materials, on the same day as your trash / recycling collection. Grass, brush and leaves can be mixed together.
Metal Item CollectionMetal items and metal appliances will be collected curbside by appointment only. Please call (973) 448-2069 for an appointment.
*Please note that prior to arranging for a metal pickup Freon MUST be removed from the item.
Freon must be removed from items, such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, etc. before collection will occur. All items must have a sticker provided by an authorized company in order to be collected curbside or placed in the metal dumpster at the recycling center.
Did you know?
Water softeners can be picked up as a bulk item with your curbside collection. The softener must be empty and weigh no more than 50 lbs.
Please be sure all trim, tinsel & plastic bags are removed from Christmas Trees. Otherwise, they will not be collected.
Bubble wrap and clean, dry polystyrene (Styrofoam) packing peanut can be taken to Mail Boxes Etc., the UPS Store or similar retailers for reuse. To find the closest store, please call the Plastic Loosefill Council's "Peanut" Hotline at 1-800-828-2214.
Unwanted strings of Christmas lights can be recycled. Please bring them to our Recycling Center for collection (please see our Recycling Center page for hours and address).
Should you have questions regarding our Recycling program, please contact our Recycling Coordinator Kellie Ann Keyes at 973-448-2053 or firstname.lastname@example.org