Sanitation & Recycling
Blue Diamond Disposal is the trash collector for Roxbury Township. They collect trash, recycling, grass, brush and leaf material for the Township. All items must be at the curb by 6:00 am to ensure prompt service.
- All collection days will remain the same
- All grass, brush and leaves will be collected weekly, on your regular trash day, in either paper bags, containers or tied in bundles beginning the week of April 6, 2015 and ending Friday December 18, 2015.
- Free Bulky Service - One bulky item will be taken in lieu of two cans of trash. Bulky includes items such as furniture and other non-metal household items. This does not include any type of construction debris. Construction debris can be disposed of through a private hauler or through the Morris County Transfer Station who can be reached at 973-347-8108.
- Limit of five containers / bags per collection
- Metal pick ups are by appointment by calling (973) 448-2053
- Trash containers are limited to 32 gallons in size, 50 pounds or less
All inquiries regarding curbside or hopper service should be directed to Blue Diamond at (973) 598-9800
- January 1, 2015 New Year's Day - Routes 4 & 5 Trash Only will be picked up on January 2
- May 25, 2015 Memorial Day - Routes 1 & 2 Trash Only will be picked up on May 26
- July 3, 2015 Independence Day - Routes 4 & 5 Trash Only will be picked up on July 2
- September 7, 2015 Labor Day - Routes 1 & 2 Trash Only will be picked up on September 8
- November 26, 2015 Thanksgiving - Routes 4 & 5 Trash Only will be picked up on November 27
- December 25, 2015 Christmas - Routes 4 & 5 Trash Only will be picked up on December 24
Items to Be Recycled Curbside
The following items may be picked up from the curbside.
Paper products consisting of the following may be placed in brown paper bags, clearly marked containers or tied in bundles:
Commingled containers consist of the following and are to be placed curbside in a container that is clearly marked. Containers placed in paper / plastic bags will not be collected curbside.
- Aluminum cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Plastic bottles (#1 & #2) - milk, soda, juice, detergent and some cleaning supplies.
- Steel / tin cans
The Township’s recycling program now accepts # 4, #5, and #7 plastic containers (i.e., squeeze bottles (mustard, honey), yogurt tubs, margarine tubs, 3 & 5 gallon water bottles, etc.) and gable topped orange juice and half gallon milk containers, children’s juice boxes (not pouches i.e. capri sun) soup stock boxes, and ice cream containers. The bottles/tubs will have a recycling symbol on the bottom with the number 4, 5 or 7 in it. These items are to be placed with your commingled bottles and cans. Flower pots and trays are NOT acceptable. If you have any questions, please call the Recycling Office at 973-448-2053.
The following items are not recycled and should be disposed of in your regular trash:
Motor oil containers, light bulbs, plate glass, windows, mirrors or ceramics (plates, cups, etc), plastic tubs, tubes, etc.
Commingled and Paper Collection Dates
|Commingled Containers||Paper Products|
|Week of||Week of|
|January 12, 26||January 5, 19|
|February 9, 23||February 2, 16|
|March 9, 23||March 2, 16, 30|
|April 6, 20||April 13, 27|
|May 4, 18||May 11, 25|
|June 1, 15, 29||June 8, 22|
|July 13, 27||July 6, 20|
|August 10, 24||August 3, 17, 31|
|September 7, 21||September 14, 28|
|October 5, 19||October 12, 26|
|November 2, 16, 30||November 9, 23|
|December 14, 28||December 7, 21|
Recyclables are collected on the same day as your trash. Please note that certain holidays may affect the collection of your recyclables. If you have a question regarding a holiday collection see the schedule above or call Blue Diamond at (973) 598-9800.
Brush, Grass & Leaf Collection
Grass and leaves are collected curbside only in brown Kraft paper bags or clearly marked containers. A limit of 50 bags of leaves will be collected weekly during regularly scheduled collection times. Compost material in plastic bags will not be collected.
Brush / branches can be tied in bundles or placed in brown paper bags or clearly marked containers. Containers must be less than 32 gallons and weigh less than 50 pounds. Collection takes place every week for all materials, on the same day as your trash / recycling collection. Grass, brush and leaves can be mixed together.
Metal Item Collection
Metal items and appliance will be collected curbside by appointment. Please call (973) 448-2069 for an appointment. Any item containing a refrigerant must have proof of Freon removal.
The recycling center is located on 96 N. Dell Avenue in Kenvil and is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Items to Be Recycled at the Recycling Center
- Antifreeze: Place in a plastic bottle. Please clearly mark the container.
- Batteries: Automotive and button, NiCad, etc. Household batteries can be placed in regular trash.
- Clothing and toys: Bins are available for clothing and toys or you can call the Social Services Office at (973) 448-2026 to make a donation.
- Fluorescent light bulbs: Please transport carefully.
- Motor oil: Place waste oil in a plastic bottle. Do not utilize bleach containers for this purpose.
- Tires: A tag must be purchased at the Municipal Building before tires are brought to the recycling center.
- Cost: $2.00 per car tire and $6.00 for truck tires.
Compost Truck Available at Recycling Center
The compost truck is available at the recycling center beginning April 4, 2015 and ending the December 13, 2015, Saturdays and Sundays, from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Compost area may become filled and it will be necessary to close. Please take advantage of your weekly curbside collection for compost material.
A container is available at the recycling center to accept the following materials:
Freon must be removed from items, such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, etc. before collection will occur. The following is a list of companies in the area that remove freon. The Township does not endorse any specific company. Each item must have a sticker provided by an authorized company in order to be collected curbside or placed in the metal dumpster at the recycling center.
Household Hazardous Waste
The Morris County Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Program provides Morris County residents with an environmentally safe way of recycling or disposing of hazardous materials found in and around the home. The Morris County Municipal Utilities Authority offers a facility in Mt. Olive for disposal of your household hazardous waste. The facility is open on selected Friday and Saturday mornings. Proof of residency is required and an appointment is necessary to drop off waste. There is no charge for Morris County residents.
Pesticides & herbicides, oil based paints and stains, paint thinners and solvents, transmission, steering and brake fluids, gasoline, pool and darkroom chemicals, small quantities of asbestos, driveway sealant, roofing tar, and mercury containing devices.
Latex paint, empty hazardous waste containers, unknown materials and business waste. Unknown material, explosives or highly reactive materials may be dangerous to transport. If you have these types of materials call first before transporting these materials.
For additional information or to set up an appointment, please call (973) 829-8006.